Updated January 2021
We are committed to protect your personal information
Bullyid is committed to respecting and keeping safe any personal information you share with us and/or any information we get from other agencies/organizations. This privacy notice sets out the basis on which we will process personal information, whether that information is collected through Bullyid websites or by any other means.
The contact details for Bullyid in relation to processing of personal information and for any questions regarding this privacy notice are: email@example.com.
When someone visits www.bullyid.org we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our websites. If we do want to collect personally identifiable information through our websites, we will be up front about this. We will make it clear when we collect personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Who is Bullyid?
Bullyid is an independent foundation for people affected by crime or traumatic events who needed mental health support and legal knowledge to protect their rights in Indonesia. Our trained volunteer teams, psychologists and lawyers provide individual, emotional and legal practical help to enable people to cope and recover from the effects of crime.
Why will we hold your information and what we would do with it?
- We process personal information to enable us to provide emotional support, practical assistance, advice, Restorative Justice/Legal knowledge support and counselling advice to victims and witnesses of crime
- Conduct research into matters affecting victims and witnesses of crime
- Keep in contact, communicate and get the views and input of our supporters
Bullyid processes the personal information of individuals in relation to delivering its services on the basis of performing a public task. Some information of individuals in relation to delivering our services may be processed for reasons of substantial public interest. Providing emotional support and legal knowledge as part of our charity’s vision has a clear basis in law. Bullyid provides such services under The Pacifist LTD, with registration number 12592950. In other cases the legal basis for the processing of personal information by Bullyid is the consent of the individual the personal information is about. There may be times when we process personal information under a legal obligation and very occasionally the reason for processing information will be that it is in the vital interests of an individual.
Our service delivery to victims and witnesses is supported by a variety of support functions and other legal bases for the processing of personal information may apply in relation to these, such as performance of a contract and employment obligations.
What information would we hold?
In relation to delivering our services, the types of personal information that Bullyid collects and processes in relation to services to victims and witnesses include:
- Information that’s required when you sign up for the site, as well as the information you choose to share
- Personal details, such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender and other personal information for identifying the individual
- Brief details of any crime committed or alleged to have been committed against the individual or that the individual has witnessed
- Details of individuals’ needs and the support provided to them
- Information in related to billing purposes
- Other details that the individual chooses to provide, including where applicable equality, diversity and inclusion data (so that Bullyid can look to ensure its services are open to all)
In relation to other functions, our service delivery to victims and witnesses is supported by a variety of other functions. Types of personal information relating to other functions include:
- Personal details, such as contact details, date of birth, and other personal information for identifying the individual
Other personal information relating to:
- Our supporters, such as what you want to hear from us about and how you want to hear from us
- Our donors/sponsors.
- Other personal information relating to individuals who make enquiries about our volunteering or fundraising opportunities. Such data will only be used by Bullyid to keep an accurate record of how your enquiry was handled. We will otherwise only contact you where you have opted to receive further updates from Bullyid.
- Other personal information of employees for employee administration and general management purposes.
- Other personal information of volunteers for general management purposes.
- Other details individuals choose to provide, including where applicable equality, diversity and inclusion data (so that Bullyid can monitor how inclusive we are as a charity).
We may log information using “Cookies”. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until deleted) to provide you with a personalized service. The type of information we collected by cookies are useful to meet your interest and needs. If you want to, you can block and/or delete these cookies through your browser settings.
Why would we share your information?
In relation to delivering our services
In delivering our services, Bullyid will keep your personal information confidential, except with another agency/organisation and with the consent of the individual concerned.
There are exceptional circumstances where we may have to disclose personal information without the individual’s consent. These are:
- If we believe that either you or someone else is at risk of significant harm; Bullyid individuals have a duty to report any issues relating to child protection or adult safeguarding
- Where there is another legal reason or requirement to disclose your personal information
Agencies/organisations we may share your personal information with in relation to services to victims and witnesses include:
- Criminal Justice agencies that can also help support you in relation to being a victim or witness of crime
- Other statutory agencies that can also help support you in relation to being a victim or witness of crime, such as Local Authority agencies and National Health Service agencies
- Voluntary sector partner agencies that can also help support you in relation to being a victim or witness of crime, such as the Citizens Advice Bureau, Women’s Aid and Refuge
- Other agencies/organisations that can also help support you in relation to being a victim or witness of crime (e.g. social media platform, internet providers, Universities, Schools)
Where we store your information
Bullyid has appropriate technical and organisational measures in place to protect the personal information of individuals. We use secure systems that permit the easy identification of the individual the personal information relates to. Where an individual has opted to receive further updates from Bullyid, from time to time we may use Google Form, HubSpot, and similar tools for communicating with you and carrying out surveys that may collect personal data relating to you.
How to exercise your rights
To access the personal information that we hold about you, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To ask for your information to be corrected or deleted, to update your contact preferences, or to object to our processing of your personal information – or if you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact email@example.com.
You can also contact Bullyid concerning your rights in relation to Bullyid’s processing of your personal information using the contact details provided towards the top of this document.
Any personnel (whether our Employees, Consultants, Interns, and/or any other personnel affiliated with Bullyid), using Bullyid’s information resources in opposition to this Policy may be subject to limitations on the use of these resources, suspension of privileges, as well as disciplinary and/or legal action, including termination of employment. Employees, Consultants, Interns and/or other personnel affiliated with us, are bound to keep your personal information safe according to the Non-Disclosure Agreement signed by each personnel upon hiring.
Changes to this policy
In line with internal procedures, changing providers, best practice, or changing legal requirements, Bullyid reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice and other aspects of its websites at any time. Please check this page regularly for any changes.